Korg PA700 Professional Arranger Keyboard
The new Korg PA700 keyboard replaces the popular PA600 model. The PA700 features lots of new sounds - including DNC (Defined Nuance Control) for ultra-realistic voices, and a huge variety of music styles covering music genres from all over the World. The new full colour Touchview screen makes operating this instrument very simple, and the built-in speaker system gives a rich, full bodied sound - even though the keyboard is lightweight and easily transportable. The Korg PA700 sets a new standard for keyboards in this price bracket and we urge you to come and try it in our stores when it arrives in autumn 2017.
Come And See The Korg PA700 For Yourself
As soon as the Korg PA700 keyboard is launched in the UK, we'll have it on display in both of our keyboard stores which are located in Romford and Bromley.
Upgrade Your Keyboard To A New PA700
Musicland helps you get the keyboard of your dreams TODAY! We take most brands of keyboard in part exchange as long as they are in full working order and good condition for us to sell onwards. All you have to do is email details of what you have to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get right back to you with a trade-in valuation. You can even choose to spread the remaining balance over a number of monthly payments. Contact us for more details.
So What's New In the Korg PA700?
Firstly, the PA700 have over FOUR TIMES the amount of PCM sample rom than was found in the previous PA600 model. This means higher quality sounds and lots, lots more of them! There's also 256MB of compressed memory for you to add your own sample sounds in .WAV, KORG, AIFF and SOUNDFONT formats.
There are over 370 factory preset styles that can be modified and altered to your taste, plus there are a maximum of 1152 user locations for you to store your own styles. These user styles can be imported using a USB stick, or created onboard using the style creator function. The PA700 now includes the Style Creator Bot which converts MIDI songs into styles - and this works very effectively too!
Song Player & Sequencer
There is a powerful 16 track sequencer for creating your own backing tracks and compositions, whilst the MP3 audio recorder allows you to record EVERYTHING in audio format direct to a USB memory stick. This includes recording vocals, backing tracks, keyboard parts, and even a guitar plugged into the audio input. Song markers allow you to keep the dancefloor packed by jumping directly to assignable parts of a song - allowing you, for example, to repeat the chorus or lead break if everyone is up and dancing! The screen can also display the chords or score for any MIDI song. There is a video output for displaying lyrics on a TV screen.
Powerful Speaker System
The speaker system is vastly improved over previous models in this price range. The 2x25 Watt amplifiers drive the 2 speakers in a bass-reflex cabinet to generate a rich, full-bodied sound.
New! KAOSS FX
Totally new is the addition of KAOSS FX, which give you creative control on your performance. From subtle morphing between Variations and Drum Kit types, fine mixing between accompaniment Sounds, live reshaping of ongoing rhythms, to the most radical note-crunching effects used by countless DJs, tape delay and arpeggios, you can add ‘liquid mixing' to any Style or MIDI Song with the aid of easy-to-use computer-assisted composition features. Push the boundaries of your musicality!
The Very Best-In-Class Sound Quality
The Pa700 and comes with over 1,700 ready-to-play sounds. This realistic collection offers a vast gathering of classic and contemporary keyboards, band and orchestral instruments, plus electronic and acoustic instruments-from techno to folk. Included are two new multi-layer stereo grand piano (with damper and body resonance), plus electric pianos from the acclaimed KORG SV-1 Stage Piano. The digital drawbar organ includes key on/off noises, leakage, and Rotary Speaker emulation. In addition, the Pa700 has been equipped with new wind instruments, strings, basses-even acoustic and electric guitars. Sounds have been painstakingly captured using state-of-the-art methods that allow the finest of details to be accurately reproduced.
Three assignable switches and the four-way joystick allow KORG's unique DNC (Defined Nuance Control) to reproduce the subtle nuances and articulations of acoustic instruments creating ultra-realistic performances rich in expression-all in real time and on demand. Bring any solo or melody to life with the growl of a passionately-played saxophone; the changing embouchure of a trumpet; the breath elements found in a clarinet or harmonica; and the added characteristics that give extra authenticity to the pizzicato and arco sounds of a string section.
106 authentic drumkits-including Ambient Drums-breathe life into any rhythmic passage; the Drum Family Easy Editing feature offers total control over volume, pitch, EQ, and more. Up to 256 MB (compressed PCM User memory) are available, so custom sounds can be added easily. The General MIDI (GM) sound bank has been improved for better compatibility with GM files. The Pa700 can also load/import KORG, WAV, AIFF, SoundFontTM
formats and export in WAV or AIFF. Sounds can be fully edited, and can now use up to 24 oscillators for each note!
KORG is known for studio-quality effects, and the Pa700 includes the best of the KORG library. 2 Insert and 2 Master effects can be used for the accompaniment tracks, while 1 Insert and 2 Master effects can be used for the real-time keyboard tracks. 148 effect types are available, including reverbs, delays, vintage stomp box simulations, amp and cabinet simulators and more. In addition, each track features an EQ with Low, Mid and High controls, and a custom track EQ can be memorized in the Song Play mode-allowing your song to sound its best in any environment. The final effects allow for easily adapting the sound to your musical taste or correcting a problematic live scenario.
Connect a dynamic microphone, and adjust parameters such as the EQ, Compressor, Gate, Reverb and Delay to make the vocals sound smooth and studio-produced. The Vocal Remover will even let you remove the voice from MP3 Songs, so you can sing along with them.
Refine your guitar's pure sound
Guitar FXs let you add pedal and studio effects to a guitar connected to the dedicated Guitar input on the back of the instrument. We selected some of the best guitar effects from the KORG collection, to add the sound of all-tube amplifiers, realistic distortion, chorus or delay pedals, and the highest quality studio reverbs.
Particularly useful for live use, the SongBook is a fully programmable and easily searchable Music Database. Each entry contains all the settings required to play a particular song. The SongBook can use styles, MIDI files or MP3s and immediately recall settings such as song title, genre, artist, tempo, volumes, sounds, muted tracks, FX settings, easy edit, 4 Keyboard Sets, TC Helicon® presets, master transpose and more. The SongBook includes also an updated Set List function, with a convenient panel-button association for fast recall, to make life easier during live gigs. With the SongBook Editor you can easily view, create, and edit your KORG Pa-Series SongBook entries and Set Lists using a Windows based computer. It can also be synchronized with iOS and Android tablets to become your handy external digital music sheet reader (third-party software required). Everything you need to play your song back perfectly is in the SongBook, a useful musical feature that is unique to KORG's impressive line of Arrangers.
MIDI connection can now also be done through the USB HOST ports (in addition to the USB DEVICE and the MIDI ports). This allows for easy connection of controllers like digital pianos (for example, our HAVIAN 30), or the KORG nano and micro series, with no need of special adapters
Korg PA700 Specifications At A Glance
- Two models: Standard and Oriental versions. Oriental version is preloaded with musical resources from Middle East countries
- Enhanced EDS-X (Enhanced Definition Synthesis-eXpanded) sound engine offers improved realism and vivid sound
- Massive internal ROM - plus up to 256 MB of user PCM compressed data - provides a powerful wave memory, delivering the best sound quality possible
- Three assignable switches, two assignable knobs and a four-way joystick ensure total control for the sound articulations (DNC - Defined Nuance Control)
- 61 key keyboard with velocity
- Slim and compact lightweight cabinet
- Big TouchViewTM 7" TFT display
- Easy layout and improved graphical interface with a new Search function for quickly locating musical resources
- Dual-cone speaker system ensures a powerful and clear sound
- Over 370 Factory Styles, each with 4 variations and 4 Fill Ins + Break, plus 12 banks in each of the User/Direct banks for unlimited storage of your favorite customized or user-created Styles and settings
- The Direct SongBook will extend your internal database on-the-fly
- User and Direct banks can now be renamed, to allow for a more personalized set of custom Styles, Pads and Keyboard Sets. Custom names appear in the Selection windows, and make finding items much faster
- The Chord Sequencer function records any chord progression on-the-fly. Sequences can be stored in any Style and SongBook entry
- The Style Creator Bot automatically creates a Style from a MIDI Song, while also creating a Chord Sequence from the Song's chords
- Multiple Effects processors:
2 Insert and 2 Master effects for the Accompaniment parts,
1 Insert and 2 Master effects for the Keyboard Sounds
Final Limiter and Parametric EQ
- Vocal Processor with 5 dedicated effects
- Enhanced compatibility with lyrics in graphical format (+G) for MP3
- Enhanced sound compatibility for GM and GS songs
- The Detect Chord function scans the MIDI Song's tracks for chords, then saves them as Chords events to be read in the Lyrics or Score page
- Fully programmable SongBook database based on Styles, SMF, Karaoke, MP3 with instant recall of any song setting. User-definable Set Lists. Filtering and ordering options. Direct access
- Multi-language extended character set. Lyrics can be shown in their original languages (except the Oriental and Arabic Languages*)
- Style and SongBook editing procedures has been made easier and more intuitive
- KORG, WAV, AIFF and SoundFontTM sample formats import function
- 512 User Sound locations, 256 User Drum Kit locations
- MIDI connection can now also be done through the USB HOST port (in addition to the USB DEVICE and the MIDI ports). This allows for easy connection of controllers like digital pianos (for example, our HAVIAN 30), or the KORG nano and micro series, with no need of special adapters
- MicroSD card slot (card not included) allows for mass storage and data protection
Using the Power of the Korg PA4X these new mid range keyboards are superb value and offer great performance.